During this easy and fun Urban(ish) Herb Walk walk we will:
- Solve many little mysteries of who has been growing in your yard and garden beds!
- Meet common wild plants (native, naturalized, and invasive) that both pop up in disturbed areas and flourish in less touched places.
- Learn identification tips, and culinary & medicinal uses of the plants we visit with such as yellow dock, self heal, willow, dandelion (of course!), and even mugwort.
- Toast the season together with a celebratory pot of tea crafted with plants we’ll meet!
Upcoming Friday Herb Walk:
- 10/6/2023, 4-6pm: Eureka Greenspace Herb Walk at Cooper Gulch
Questions? Contact email@example.com | 707-407-5617
Detailed directions and a short supply list will be emailed to you.
About Your Teachers, DHC’s Co-directors:
Allison Poklemba is a teacher, botanist, herbalist, environmental educator, founder of Backcountry Press, artist, mother, friend, and always curious student of nature. She has been concocting potions since childhood and teaching at Dandelion Herbal Center since 2002 — she also carries a special place in her heart just for seaweed.
Jessica Shepherd has been working as a Community Herbalist at Humboldt Herbals for 19 years while also teaching a myriad of classes and pursuing extensive studies and certifications in the field of Aromatherapy, including distillation. She has developed successful herbal product lines, top-selling tea blends, created an award-winning recipe published in the book Fire Cider, and has been teaching at Dandelion Herbal Center since 2015.