We invite you to…
- Spend the day at the beautiful classroom & gardens of Dandelion Herbal Center
- Gain an introductory foundation & understanding of distilling hydrosols on a copper still
- Immerse yourself in the distillation process, truly from “garden to bottle”
- Demystify Hydrosols: Learn what they are, how they can be incorporated into cosmetic & culinary creations, and all about their medicinal aspects
Each workshop participants will…
- Take home a bottle of the wondrous hydrosol we distill together
- Receive detailed notes
- Enjoy a variety of samples during class, including aromatically delicious treats!
Learn from a true Artisan Distiller…
Jessica has a deep love of plants that fuels her passion for herbalism and aromatherapy. It was in 2016 she found herself on a path of studies with botanist and esteemed distiller Ann Harman, author of Harvest to Hydrosol. For years to come she travelled regular to Spokane, WA to take every workshop Ann hosted. The focus of these studies was distilling for hydrosols along with exploring ancient alchemy techniques, chemistry, botany, plant resins, perfumes and more. These experiences afforded Jessica the opportunity to learn from a wide array of internationally renowned distillers and herbal medicine teachers including Cathy Skipper and Florian Birkmayer of AromaGnosis.
Over the years she has distilled many plants — from roses to chamomile, peppermint to conifers — refining her skills, whilst being enchanted by the mystery and magic of the distillation process. Each distillation is a unique experience. The resulting artisanal hydrosols became part of her wellness toolkit, along with exploring them to enhance her culinary and cosmetic creations.
With heart-centered reverence towards our plant allies, it brings Jessica rich delight to share her knowledge, skills, and love of the craft with others!