During this easy, fun, and ridiculously beautiful walk we will:
- Soak in the beauty and abundance of the late summer garden at the peak of flower season!
- Learn how to identify common edible & medicinal wild herbs and garden weeds… from chickweed, to horsetail, to hawthorn, and many more.
- Visit with common culinary herbs such as fennel, parsley, and thyme and view them through the lens of their medicinal properties.
- Share inspiration for incorporating the plants we meet into our lives as nourishing food and medicine
- Gather plants as we go to transform into (and enjoy!) a Wild & Garden Herb Pesto.
- Toast the start of the harvest season together with a celebratory pot of tea crafted with plants we gather along our stroll!
Upcoming Friday Herb Walks:
- 9/22/2023, 4-6pm: Urban(ish) Herb Walk in Downtown Arcata
- 10/6/2023, 4-6pm: Eureka Greenspace Herb Walk at Cooper Gulch
Questions? Contact email@example.com | 707-407-5617
Detailed directions and a short supply list will be emailed to you.
About Your Teachers, DHC’s Co-directors:
Allison Poklemba is a teacher, botanist, herbalist, environmental educator, founder of Backcountry Press, artist, mother, friend, and always curious student of nature. She has been concocting potions since childhood and teaching at Dandelion Herbal Center since 2002 — she also carries a special place in her heart just for seaweed.
Jessica Shepherd has been working as a Community Herbalist at Humboldt Herbals for 19 years while also teaching a myriad of classes and pursuing extensive studies and certifications in the field of Aromatherapy, including distillation. She has developed successful herbal product lines, top-selling tea blends, created an award-winning recipe published in the book Fire Cider, and has been teaching at Dandelion Herbal Center since 2015.