Learn the foundations of making and using your own herbal medicine.
This class engages all your senses in a hands-on approach to learning:
- Medicine making techniques
- Herbal First Aid
- Identification and use of common wild herbs
- Herbal remedies for common imbalances
- The art of creating herbal formulas
- How to enjoy wild foods
Our Syllabus (.pdf)
Tuition includes samples of an abundant variety of products we will craft together
- January 11 – Introduction to the healing ways of plants + the art of tea preparation
- January 18 – Herbal Oils + Salves: preparation and use
- January 21 – Herb Walk at Dandelion Herbal Center, Kneeland
- January 25 –Tinctures + Liniments: preparation and use
- February 1 – Building Herbal Formulas
- February 4 – Herb Walk in Trinidad
- February 8 – Herbal First Aid, Poultices, and Fomentations
- February 15 – Herbal First Aid continued + Herbal Pill and “Goo” preparation
- March 1 – Herbs for common imbalances + Syrup and Shrub preparation
- March 8 – Herbs for common imbalances continued + Herbal First Aid Kits
Contact Allison: email@example.com, 707-407-5617
Please complete this quick form when you register so we can learn a bit more about you before class.
About Your Teachers
Allison Poklemba is a teacher, botanist, herbalist, environmental educator, Co-director of Dandelion Herbal Center, founder of Backcountry Press, artist, mother, friend, and always curious student of nature. She has been concocting potions since childhood and teaching at Dandelion Herbal Center since 2002 — she also carries a special place in her heart just for seaweed.
Jessica Shepherd is Co-director of Dandelion Herbal Center. She has been working as a Community Herbalist at Humboldt Herbals since 2004 while also teaching a myriad of classes and pursuing extensive studies and certifications in the field of Aromatherapy, including distillation. She has developed successful herbal product lines, top-selling tea blends, created an award-winning recipe published in the book Fire Cider, and has been teaching at Dandelion Herbal Center since 2015.