Sweet Things: Tweak Your Sweet Tooth With These Delectable Recipes!
Jam-Filled Almond Cookies
1 c almonds
1 c rolled oats
1 c whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t salt
1/2 c canola oil
1/2 c maple syrup
1 t vanilla
12 drops orange essential oil
1 jar fruit jam (1/2 pint)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grind almonds into course meal and put in bowl.
- Grind oats into fine powder and add to bowl with flour, cinnamon,salt.
- Mix well.
- Combine oil, maple syrup, vanilla, orange oil and whisk.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry and stir to moisten. With moist hands, form walnut-sized balls.
- Insert index finger into center creating a small hole (be careful not to pierce the bottom).
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- With a teaspoon, push jam into cookie center (don’t overfill).
- Bake 15 – 20 mins. until lightly golden.
Makes 2 dozen.
Christa’s Rose Hip Jam
Fill jar 2/3 full of cut, sifted & de-seeded rose hips.
Cover with apple juice.
Let sit 4 hours to overnight. May be blended for smoother texture. Refrigerate.
Carob Mint Tofu Mousse
2 packages (12.3 oz) extra firm silken tofu
1 ½ cups carob or chocolate chips (or a combination of both depending on preference)
2 drops peppermint essential oil
- Prepare tofu & blend in blender.
- Melt carob/chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Add melted carob/chocolate chips to tofu and blend until smooth.
- Add peppermint oil and blend.
- Pour into pudding cups or line pie shell with graham cracker crust and pour in filling.
- Top with your favorite berries and fresh mint leaves and enjoy!
- Refrigerate any unused portion.